Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Packed...sorta

Well, I have successfully packed my stuff in 2 space bags and one giant ziploc bag. David can have the rest of the suitcase in which to shove all of his clothes. While today was technically the first day of my maternity leave, it was rather hectic. I went to the bank, went to the post office, went to Walgreens, came home and ate lunch, took Cousy to David's dad's, went to Kinko's to make copies of our dossier and a lot more paperwork and then met Luella and Krystil at school (because I couldn't stay away!). We went for ice cream and watched what I guess was Ernesto rolling in over Independence.

I cannot believe we will be flying towards China this time tomorrow. I have conveniently provided a clock for you so you can see what time it is there while we are gone. China is 12 hours ahead of us. We will meet Maggie on Monday afternoon so probably around 4am on Sunday, if you are awake, think of us!

I am going to make myself write on this each day and share what we have experienced and seen. I hated writing in my journal when I went to Europe but I made myself do it and now I'm so glad I did. David's journal from Australia was like, "Cold. Went running. Roommate snores. Can't wait to go home." Therefore, I will be doing the writing on this thing.

Ooh! Ooh! Dinner has arrived! Chick-fil-A! Last fast food in the USA til we return! See y'all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, and I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Congrats mama!! :)